Thursday, October 9, 2008

Centerpiece Inspiration

I know that for the centerpieces i want something very garden-like...loose, lots of greenery and kinda "flowly" ...yeah, i know...that's not a word. But you get the idea? I want varying shades of deep purple (NO LAVENDER OR LILIAC PURPLES!!) mixed with whites, creams, blush and lots of greenery. I'm thinking leafy, vine like greenery intertwined and cascading. Although I like the short "just-gathered" centerpiece look, it would look best in our venue to have tall centerpieces. The reception is in a tent with VERY high ceilings and we'll need tall centerpieces to make that space seem not quite so empty and high.

Of course, as you all know, I'm quite picky on my shades of purple :) but i've managed to find a couple pictures where i like the color and the flowers. The shapes of these centerpieces would not work for me though - because of the whole height issue. Here's the inspiration pictures i found for our centerpieces:











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the 2nd one! I love the dark shade of purple in the big flower! I think it'll look great in the antique vases!!

bridechic said...

Love the look of real bouquets here. You did a wonderful job