Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Jillian Michaels Kicked My Booty - Part 2, Level 2

...that's right....Level 2

I started doing the 30 Day Shred DVD by Jillian Michaels on February 3rd. I was sore the next day...quite sore. But the day after that, I was EXTREMELY sore. I mean the kind of sore that hurts to sit, to walk, to shift positions...even to move your legs while you're laying in bed. Oh yeah, I was in pain. My quads were PISSED. I knew all those squats and lunges were gonna do me in...and they did! My arms were sore too...but that soreness was hardly even noticeable compared to my legs!! So yeah, I admit it...I took a little time off from Miss Jillian. But I did still go to the gym (mostly cardio and some abs). The following Tuesday, 2/10, I popped the DVD back in and tried again. To my surprise, this time around was a LOT easier. My legs felt worked and a good level of soreness at the end. And I could walk properly the next day! Woohoo!! I can't say that I did the DVD every day that week, because I didn't, but I DID do the DVD 3 times that week (mixing it up with yoga and workouts at the gym). 

That brings us to this week. Monday, I went to the gym; Tuesday I did the Shred DVD, and today (2/18) I did something a little unexpected....I did Level 2 on the DVD. That's right!! I stepped it up! ...And man was it hard!!!!! whew! I thought I was going to die about half way through. I was POURING with sweat. Seriously. In this second level, Jillian tricks you a little bit. Her circuit is 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio and 1 minute abs...right? Well in Level 1 it is just that....but in level 2, the cardio all of a sudden becomes strength/cardio. Oh yeah. She LOVES the plank position. A LOT. You get in plank, you jump your legs in out from a bent leg pike position back out to the straight legged plank position. This is considered cardio? Oh no, no, no...Our cardio was jumping jacks and jumping rope and butt kicks remember? Um, yeah...that's not the case in Level 2. Yes, there was some jump roping; Yes, there were a few jumping jacks; and Yes, there were high kicks....but guess what else you work while doing high kicks? Your abs. And your legs. I guess you could call it "smart cardio", but I call it "Jillian Michaels fooling me into doing EVEN more strength training in my workout". Whew!!

I better see some results Jillian!!!!!! I mean I better be looking like this soon:



(speaking of results...I think I've lost about 2 lbs since the beginning of Feb....so that's something right?!?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why would you want to look like that?? Is she hot or something?