Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Photographer WANTED

Now taking applications for a Wedding Photographer!!

Seriously though, photography is an extremely high priority for me as far as wedding vendors go. It's like #2 on the list of importance - right behind the wedding venue (which only took Mark and I 4 months to decide on and then book...). I've been looking around on different websites for photographers and I actually found one that I really really love - problem is, I fell in love before I looked at the price tag. Don't you hate it when that happens?!?! I mean I'm willing to dedicate a good 15% of my budget to a kick ass photographer, but to my surprise they wanted much more than that! More like at least 30% of the budget and my first born child! Okay, maybe not the child...but a whole heck of a lot of money! The photographer's work that i fell in love with? It's A Bryan Photo , only the MOST EXPENSIVE photographer in Birmingham. Of course!! That's my luck. But their work really is amazing....too bad their prices START at $6K. Dang it. So...I'm trying to move on and find someone else's work that love (ho-hum)....

I'm considering: Kim Box Photography, Arden Photography, and I did really like Our Labor Of Love Photography (from ATL) but I think they are going to be bit of my range as well. Also, I already checked into Tim Will Photography (from ATL) and he is already booked for our wedding date. I want our wedding photography to be more of a fine art photojournalistic style. I mean I do want SOME of the traditional posed shots - such as with family and all. But I want our photography to tell the story of the day and most importantly capture the emotion and joy. Those - to me - make the best pictures. I want someone who is seasoned, but not burned out on it - you know? Cause someone who knows what they're doing and loves what they're doing is going to do the best work, I think. 

So...this is where you guys come in (I hope!).... does anyone know of a GREAT wedding photographer? As long as they are within about 3 hours of Birmingham then that would probably work...so ATL, Nashville, Montgomery...are all options. OR  even outside of that vicinity as long as they don't charge *too* much for traveling fees. 

HELP?!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my friends used Mark Lawley. He sends about 3 photographers. They did a good job and I liked that you got pictures from different angles and different places. They were pretty discrete and they used earpieces to comm (kinda cool). But I tried to meet with him and he didnt get back to me and another friend went in to make an appointment (office in trussville) and he was rude and said she better want to spend some money and not to waste his time if she didnt. I can't remember how much he was though...
Also brittany used a husband and wife (cant think of their name). their big thing was "2 photographers." but they failed to mention that 1 was gonna be sitting at a table relaxing at the reception the whole time. They are older, so just beware. i would know the name if i heard it. also the wife was VERY rude at the wedding to everyone but brittany... even allen! and you remember arthur. he went up on his prices this year but he may give u a little break if i refer you (just an option) cuz i had a few issues as well...

Anonymous said...

Liz, I work with the guys at A Bryan Photo and we have a new option that you might be interested in. Send me an email at jeremiah@abryanphoto.com if you might be interested. Either way, best of luck finding someone you love!

Anonymous said...

okay, so i'm gonna just throw this out there- danette could be a possibility. she's not "seasoned" but her pics arent very traditional and i think her work is excellent. she's a lot like kim box, without the hefty price-tag. and then there's the lady who took amy yeargan's engagement pics. they were AWESOME. dont use the super expensive guy in bham- seriously, you can find cheaper and still have great stuff. this blog is keeping me so posted- i'm growing to love it. :)

Anonymous said...

You might want to check out this website: http://www.jasonatenphotography.com/