Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm Obsessive

yep, that's right...I'm Obsessive. I like to think that maybe I'm not, but who am I kidding?!? I totally am. Once i get something into my head I can't get it out. And i have to look at every single option, every single angle, every single situation before I make a decision. Yep, sounds like obsession. I have no clue what it's like to find something I like and go with it - the very first thing. Seriously, it probably takes me at least an hour to pick out a greeting card because I have to go down the line and pick up every single one that i like and then narrow it down one by one from there. For big decisions I make "pros" and "cons" lists. No kidding! So where am I going with this? 

The other night I had a dream. My obsessions are leaking into my subconscious! In the dream I was at a beach or a pool or something with my girls (the bridesmaids) and we were just hanging out having a good time, then all of a sudden this woman, a wedding coordinator, comes to get me and tells me that it's time to get ready. I'm like "for what?" and she says my wedding. At first I'm like oh, okay...but then I realize that I haven't done anything for the wedding! I'm talking like I haven't even sent out invitations, I don't have a dress, the bridesmaids don't have dresses (and I hadn't even officially asked my bridesmaids either!), my parents weren't there...heck, I don't even know if Mark was there! And then i woke up....very unsettled to say the least!!! Uh...think this is trying to tell me something?!? I need to stop obsessing about everything and just make some decisions or nothing is ever going to get done! So...I took my mind off wedding planning for a few days (the weekend) and now I'm going to come back to it and start making some decisions! If i like something...I need to go with it. Yeah, there might be something better out there, but who cares? I liked the first one and if I didn't ever know that the 2nd one even existed then what's the difference?!? (Am I making sense?) So...my goal? To try to control my obsessive nature and just make some decisions and be happy. Doesn't sound too difficult, right? We'll see how it goes.... :)

3 comments:

RuthAnn said...

Ha ha! Liz you are so funny and yes obsessive, but only bc it is very important. You are right though. You really just have to pick something and go w/ it, bc so many things can come from just one idea. That's what I had to do. I will tell you this though... if I had longer than 5-6 mos. to plan... I could have easily changed my mind... I had another option that I really liked too, but decided to go with the first one because that's usually the one you end up going back to... bc it was your gut instinct... I did that with my dress too. Just remember friend, it's what you are doing that counts... marrying the man that you love, your best friend... the rest is just hooplah and fluff... good and pretty fluff but just fluff :) Love you!

Liz said...

ha! thanks Ruth Ann :) you're right...it's so easy to get caught up in everything...i mean everywhere you turn there's another "guideline" to planning your wedding!? aren't these things suppose to be personal?!?? i certainly want mine and Mark's to be! ...the most important thing though is that we are getting married and that i get to spend the rest of my life with the person that makes me the happiest in the whole wide world :) ....my indecisive, obsessive nature is NOT conducive to wedding planning though!! dang it! i sure do love all the design elements though...i think i get a little lost in that fairytale land :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...Liz...you sound so much like ME...haha...I am the worst decision maker EVER...but I agree with Ruthie...go with the GUT (not that you have one, but still) :) Yall's day will be BEAUTIFUL and FABULOUS...I'm sure of it :)