Monday, April 27, 2009

Joining the Family


Back in March (I know, I know...late post, right??) Mark's Mom and sister organized a bridal tea for me that was basically just Mark's side of the family. It was a great opportunity to get to know the family members that I didn't know as well and it really turned out to be such a beautiful shower! It was held at Terry Pines Country Club in Cullman, AL (where Mark's dad and some of his family are members and nearby where a lot of his family is from). Mark's Mom, sister and Aunt collected pretty little vintage tea sets for the shower and used these on each of the tables.

Here's a shot of what it looked like before things got started:



Beautiful Right?? 

Here I am with the lovely hostesses:

Me with Mark's Mom 

Allison (Mark's sister) and Me

I'm so lucky to be gaining such an amazing family. Since Mark and I live in Birmingham and his parents live in Trussville (a suburb of Bham) we get to see them a lot. And I have to say...I'm definitely winning the lottery in the in-law department! :)

Thanks again to Allison and Jan and Mark's entire family for the beautiful bridal tea. It made me feel so welcome to be joining their family and it was just an amazing day all in all. These two showers (both this one and the one my friends threw for me in Prattville) have really made the whole wedding experience seem real...and SOON! :) Just 5 more weeks to go!


1 comment:

{The Perfect Palette} said...

um, that little white dress you have is adorable! I need one just like it for my shower- mind sharing where you got that at?