Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bridesmaids Shoes: Check

I finally made a decision!! ...regarding the bridesmaids' shoes at least. I think I'm averaging about 2 1/2 to 3 months on decisions nowadays. That's not too good. Especially considering the fact that we are now officially UNDER 3 MONTHS AWAY FROM THE WEDDING. Oh. My. God. I freak out just a little bit when I say that....literally, my heart starts beating faster and it feels like my throat starts to tighten. Totally NOT because I'm nervous about getting married or specifically NOT because I'm nervous about Mark or anything....it's just because I still feel like I have SO much to do!! ....and I do!! AHHH! :)

So back to the topic at hand....I picked out bridesmaid shoes. If you remember from my previous post  I was trying to decide between aqua or gunmetal shoes for my lovely ladies. Well, after MUCH back and forth, I decided to go with the gunmetal shoes. I was seriously considering the aqua shoes, specifically because of this new line: Lela Rose Unforgettable Moments. Lela Rose (a well respected up and coming wedding fashion designer) has come out with a line of dyeable shoes that are sold exclusively at Payless. Yep, Payless. Can you believe it? I checked them out in person and they're really quite cute. Although, in my opinion, I wouldn't recommend the t-strap style or the one with the little rhinestones....those two look a little cheap to me. Anyway... these shoes look great if you want to go that route. 

Our bridal party on the other hand is going to go with the option of 4 different styles of gunmetal/pewter/silver shoes. I spent forever scouring MULTIPLE websites looking for these shoes. I had several specifications in mind....
1 - must be gunmetal/pewter/silver (shades of silver varying from light to dark about mid-range in the spectrum)
2 - must be different heel heights (I wanted my ladies to be able to choose which heel height they preferred. The varying heights are 2 1/2, 3, 3 1/2, and 3 1/2 with a 1/2 inch platform)
3 - must be under $50 (I actually wanted to have different price points on these so that there would be an affordable option for everyone. The price points are $49.99, $29.97, $24.99 and $22.99)
4 - must have an array of sizes available!

And without further ado, here are the shoes!









Some of these shoes are actually on sale so I've advised my ladies to buy them ASAP to make sure that they're able to get their size!

Also, if you're wondering where the "gunmetal" color came from in our color scheme....it was when the Moms were asking me what color they should wear...and also what color the grandmothers should wear. Well, obviously (if you've been reading my blog at least!) our colors are deep purple, pale aqua blue and black/white damask. Now...the bridesmaids are wearing a deep purple color (Fig in the Melissa Sweet dresses) and there will be aqua accents at both the ceremony (think ribbon wrapped around the bridesmaids bouquets and ribbon hanging from the shepherd's hooks lining the aisle) and the reception (linens, antique glassware). I didn't want there to be overkill with accent color or just sticking to two colors for attire (because I didn't like the thought of people wearing black/white printed dresses!) so I thought the gunmetal color went nicely with the purple and the aqua. We decided the MOB and the MOG should wear gunmetal, while the grandmothers would wear aqua. We also decided to pick up some nice silk gunmetal ties for the Dads as well. So...it seems quite logical now that the bridesmaids shoes would be gunmetal.  ....Wow, it's amazing how everything comes together, huh??

So...that's that! One more thing checked off the list. Now if I could just keep up the momentum.... :) And lastly, before I head to bed, I wanted to apologize for not writing a single post last week! I was in Nashville for work at our annual conference. I feel like I lost a whole week of my life b/c now I'm coming back to a list of "to-do's" for both work AND the wedding. ....whew! :) Goodnight All!

No comments: